19 October, 2018

Burn Hollywood Burn was OK at most, right?

Emotions that are slowly cooking like rice,
three hours are more than enough to think about life,
sweet or salty, I am sorry.

Enter our home,
talk as if we are strangers,
throw the curtains,
hide under the trees in the garden,
give the sun for shade.

This always happens,
and as long as this house stands,
I know it'll never end.

Seeing where you're coming from,
I try to change (the pictures on the walls),
I try to fix the furniture (the one you restored),
but that'll never matter when the foundation is shaky.

The house is moving,
along with my thoughts,
can we just agree to burn it all?

If we start again,
should we build something new,
should we try and forget what I put you through?

Or should I burn,
along with this house,
should I just stand still,
and be judged for what I've done.

I was ready,
I think I still am,
I just don't want you around,
in the way you used to be.
I'm ready to burn this all,
I'm ready to burn with it.

With a sight,
with little hope,
I know you'll be able to forget me.

Never remember me,
stop thinking of this,
let these words open the doors,
as I burn within.

Maybe it'll hurt,
or it could bring me a smile,
I just wish I could stay out of your life.

Fly away forever,
forget who I am,
what I stand for.
You built this house,
it's time for me to burn it down.

Throw away the pictures I have painted,
with my words they were created.
You put them up in our living room,
can't believe what I made.

Destroy everything I've ever touched,
erase me from history,
try to become happy,
that's all you'll ever need,
try to become happy,
since you weren't when you were with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment