21 July, 2018

Although I'm at the parking lot you're still so far away from me (I'm sorry but I have to walk around every hour or so, the parking passes won't check themselves)

Fully furnished,
yet empty,
this apartment is haunted,
by the memories of that night.

I don't remember the numbers,
I only know of the water.
Nothing was washed away,
stuck like the paintings on the wall,
the burdens are mine,
all mine.

How much was wasted away,
as if the food was no good,
my brain got sick of all the stuff my eyes've been feeding on.
Feelings got to hurry,
all the trains are leaving their stations,
slowly going to the abyss.

All the planes have taken flight,
the cars have driven away,
every single ship has sailed,
the horses ran away,
only I've stayed.

Frightened and scared,
this little puppy hides,
it looks for shelter,
in a heart, not the eyes.
Yet the lies,
they make her happy,
she never really knew how to tell them apart.
The people around her laughed,
as the puppy slowly died.

As soon as the love was felt,
the puppy stood strong,
the stains were removed,
and the trains and planes returned,
the apartment felt like home,
and I,
I had you.

No comments:

Post a Comment